Principal - King Solomon International Business School.
Principal - King Solomon International Business School.
Principal Job Description
Salary: ISR 27-33 dependent on experience
The Principal is to take strategic responsibility for developing an outstanding all- through school with a distinctive Christian ethos, provide effective, dynamic and inspirational leadership to the school to ensure that every student achieves at their highest level, effectively lead and manage the School, ensure a love of learning and the achievement of excellent educational standards, provide strategic direction and resource management, and promote and safeguard the welfare of all pupils and staff.
Ethos and Vision
- Promote a Christian ethos throughout the school.
- Promote a culture of encouragement, support and challenge in which each student can achieve the highest possible educational standards and realise their full potential.
- Work with the Directors and the staff to implement the vision for the school.
- Ensure this vision is clearly and effectively articulated, shared and understood by staff, students, parents and the wider community.
- Translate this vision into agreed objectives and operational plans which will promote and sustain the continued improvement of the school.
- Promote creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence.
Leadership and Management
- Develop, motivate and lead all staff to achieve the highest professional standards.
- Build a collaborative learning culture within the School and actively engage with other schools (locally, nationally and internationally) to promote excellence, equality and high expectations of all pupils.
- Maintain and develop our links with the local and wider community.
- Foster appropriate links with key providers and organisations including Birmingham LA, the Diocesan Board of Education, all relevant statutory organisations,) and the National College of School Leadership.
- Manage change effectively.
- Manage the School`s finances effectively working closely with the Business/ Finance Manager and Directors and proactively seek further funding opportunities as required.
- Ensure job descriptions and performance management for all staff are based on clear roles and responsibilities, reviewed at least annually.
- Ensure all policies are kept up to date, working closely with staff and Directors.
- Work closely with the Site Manager and relevant Directors to ensure that sound procedures for the security, supervision and maintenance of the School environment ensuring that all health and safety regulations are met.
- Manage your own personal professional development whilst ensuring the well-being of and a good work/life balance for all personnel.
- Advice and report to the Board of Directors as required, forming a pro-active and effective working partnership with them.
- Ensure that all responsibilities delegated by Board of Directors are carried out.
- Ensure the School premises are fit for purpose for current and future needs including site development.
- Undertake other such duties as may be reasonably expected.
Effective and Efficient use of Resources
- Advise the governing body on the formulation of the annual budget to enable the school to secure its objectives.
- Plan, manage and monitor the curriculum within the agreed budget, setting appropriate priorities for expenditure, allocating funds and ensuring effective administration control.
- Ensure the regular monitoring of the budget.
- Ensure that financial regulations are adhered to.
- Manage and organise accommodation efficiently and effectively to ensure that it meets the needs of the curriculum and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that the allocation and use of accommodation provides a positive learning environment that promotes the highest achievements for all.
- Monitor and evaluate value for money.
- Seek to secure adequate resources for the school.
Teaching, Learning, Curriculum and Standards
- Take an active-role in the design and implementation of a curriculum, which inspires and engages all pupils.
- Ensure a consistent and continuous school-wide focus on pupil assessment and achievement, using appropriate data and benchmarks to set, monitor, track and evaluate individual pupil progress.
- Challenge and remedy under-performance throughout the school.
- Provide nurturing and attentive pastoral care for all pupils.
- Ensure exemplary standards of behaviour and attendance.
- Monitor, evaluate and review classroom practice and promote improvement strategies
- Aim for outstanding standards of learning and teaching at all times.
- Aim for outstanding ratings as judged by Ofsted and other relevant quality standards.
Communication and Consultation
- Build and sustain effective relationships with all stakeholders through excellent communication and interpersonal skills, taking and providing appropriate advice.
- Consistently use and develop information and data systems to ensure exemplary communication links with all stakeholders.
- Ensure that the School has a robust system for the collection and analysis of performance data to promote school improvement.
- Co-ordinate the School’s work with feeder schools to ensure smooth transitions and continuity of learning.
- Regularly and effectively communicate the progress of every child’s learning to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the Governing body to provide information on all relevant aspects of the School, its progress and intended development.
Principal Person Specification
- Qualified Teacher Status,
- An honors degree
- The right to work in the UK, and qualified to teach in the UK.
- Relevant Further Degree/ qualifications, NPQH, Further relevant professional studies
- Headteacher, or at least 3 years experience of being a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural inner city school.
- Successful senior leadership resulting in measurable long term improvements.
- A record of implementing complex change programmes to raise standards in teaching and learning, quality provision and efficiency and improved outcomes for children and young people.
- Experience or understanding of leadership in an all- through school.
- A proven track record of bringing about further transformation from a school which is operating from a position of considerable strength.
- Experience of successful project management.
- Experience of leading a significant team in a school and achieving outstanding outcomes.
- Use of innovative approaches to development of teaching and learning.
- Sound experience of recruiting and developing a skilled and effective team and motivating the team to achieve it`s full potential at all times.
- Leadership in curriculum development and innovation in school
- Self evaluating, including monitoring and evaluation strategies.
- Leadership in staff and pastoral development.
- Successful partnership working with other schools, agencies and stakeholders.
- Record of continuing professional development including training in leadership and management
- Successful experience of managing large complex budgets and ensuring value for money.
- Headteacher in a secondary school
- Evidence of working in more than one school, college or learning environment.
- Working with a school in challenging circumstances.
- Business/international business
- Commitment to working closely with the Trustees and Governors to realise their vision for the School.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments and how pupils learn in schools.
- Ability to recognise existing school effectiveness and bring about further transformation from a position of considerable strength.
- Understanding of principles and demonstrable application of school improvement and school effectiveness in schools operating in challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrable ability to plan strategically and to lead, motivate, develop and inspire staff and to manage change.
- Effective communication skills, providing clear and accurate information, giving well informed advice to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of performance management scheme for staff within a school setting.
- Ability to analyse and interpret pupil performance data and set challenging but realistic targets and plan effective intervention and monitor impact in order to ensure students make good progress.
- Ability to ensure a positive ethos and structure for managing behaviour which enables all pupils to achieve and a commitment to inclusive education.
- Commitment to working in partnership with other providers of education and training.
- Ability to work effectively as part of the school team and with governors, pupils, parents and other stakeholders.
- Ability to create and maintain a stimulating and attractive learning environment for students.
- Ability to work effectively with members of the local community in developing the school as a community resource.
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements and relevant legislation relating to school leadership and management including health and safety, child protection and safeguarding.
- Experience of the International Baccalaureate programmes
- Business and enterprise
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of equality issues and legislation.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality of opportunity and inclusive education.
- Able to integrate equality policies into service delivery and employment practices.
- A strong commitment to fostering the Christian ethos throughout the school.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Understanding of multicultural issues in the context of primary and secondary schools.
- Good health and attendance record.
- Excellent and unequivocal references.
- Suitable for work with children and Young People. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced criminal record disclosure will be required prior to appointment
- A practicing Christian
- A strong interest in the global economy and international affairs.
- A trained Additional Ofsted Inspector, or willing to undergo training.