Headteacher - St Luke's Camden.
Headteacher - St Luke's Camden.
St Luke’s Church of England Primary School, Camden
Ours is a happy, well-organised and effective school. Now in our fifth year we are still open to new ways of doing things so this is an unusual and exciting opportunity to leave a considerable mark on a successful school which is still developing.
Salary: £57,921 - £65,978 (L12-18) Group 1 School
Apply by 16 May 2016
Employer St Luke’s Church of England School
Salary £57,921 - £65,978 (L12-18) Group 1 School
Contract type Full Time. Potential to explore part-time for the right candidate.
Contract term Permanent
Posted 18 April 2016
Closing date 16 May 2016
Job starts September 2016
About St Luke’s School
- Opened in 2011, the first Church of England Free school in the country
- Set up with popular local support to meet a need for new primary school places
- A Christian school for the whole community – we admit children by geography
- A small school, PAN 15, with a nurturing family ethos and a village school atmosphere
- A happy, well-organised and effective school
- A motivated staff team with high morale
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive parents - 8 times oversubscribed for entry to Reception
- ‘Treat others as you want to be treated’ is our golden rule and it applies to the whole school community
- A very successful start and a ‘good’ first Ofsted inspection
- Still evolving year-on-year and open to new ways of doing things
- Capacity for ongoing development and an innovative, entrepreneurial spirit
About the post
- Our founding headteacher is retiring from headship in August 2016
- This is a full-time appointment however governors are open to exploring the possibility of a part-time role for the right candidate
- Mentoring or support from an experienced headteacher is available
- This is an unusual and exciting opportunity to leave a considerable mark on a school which has strong foundations but which is still developing
- You might be an ambitious deputy head looking for a first headship in a small, innovative setting which is well supported by the Local Authority and LDBS
- You might be an experienced head looking for a new challenge and something different
- You will be an inspiring and dynamic practitioner who appreciates what has been achieved and who can lead us through our next exciting stage
For an informal discussion about the role or to arrange a visit contact the Chair of Governors, Penny Roberts, email@example.com.
Closing date Noon16 May 2016
Shortlisting Afternoon 16 May 2016
School visits for shortlisted candidates 19 and 20 May 2016
Interviews 23 May 2016
We consider the safety of our children to be of paramount importance and this recruitment process is in line with safer recruitment practices. St Luke’s School expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Location and contacts
St Luke’s School, Kidderpore Avenue, London, NW3 7SU
Telephone: 020 7435 5604
About the employer
Organisation type Mainstream School
Funding Status State - Academy
Age range 4 – 11 years